If you’re looking to start 2018 off with some serious style, start with your hair! Changing up your look can be fun and easy with some minor or major adjustments to your current haircut or color. For example, adding bangs will give you an instant youthful look. Or, strategically placed highlights and lowlights add brightness and refreshes dull hair color.
Do you need some inspiration? Not sure what you want? Can’t explain it to your stylist? Bring in pictures, look through social media, cut out photos from magazines… Pictures are an awesome point of reference for you and your stylist. They help ensure that you both are on the same page when it comes to your hair goals.
To help you get started, here are the cuts and colors that promise to make you a trendsetter in 2018:
- Long Bob- not a lob, this bob grazes the chin.
- Long Pixie- the perfect cut to transition into from a short haircut.
- New Shag- hitting the top of the shoulder, this shag has loads of texture and movement.
- Blunt Shag- bob+shag= blunt shag
- Bangs or Fringe- wispy, full, micro, curly, smooth, blunt, messy, side swept, curtained or choppy. There’s a perfect version for everyone!
- Blorange- where blonde meets orange.
- Cayenne Spice- copper meets blonde.
- Chocolate Brown- rich and lovely brunette. Spice it up and add dimension with golds, red and/or auburn highlights and lowlights.
- Platinum Blonde- super high maintenance, but this cool blonde is beautiful and here to stay for 2018.
- Dirty Blonde- the low maintenance sister to Platinum. These blondes are typically darker at the base and warmer towards the ends.
- Braids- a fun, quick way to give second day (or third day, who’s counting?) locks instant pizazz. Same goes for the high ponytail.
- Part Lines- middle partings are still on trend, but trying changing it up with a deep side part. Sexy!
- Barretts, Headbands, Scarves, Scrunchies (an 80’s comeback!)- all are awesome for changing up any length of hair.
With so many options, what hair trend will you be inspired to try for 2018?